Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 11-Monday!

Hey all! So another week started. Today went well. It was a little slow. We had quite a few no shows, so had some down time. I have just about finished the orientation checklists. Yay! I still have to go get checked off on the lab tests- lead testing, hematocrit/hemaglobin testing, rapid strep test, and accucheck. I've done all of these before except for the lead testing. The facilities I've been at screen for lead risk and only test if needed, so never have done it. I'm somewhat familiar with how it works, though the collection device, if I saw it correctly, looked different to me. I'll learn it, hopefully Wednesday. Went to a recipe club meeting with some of the women from the church I go to. It was fun. What they do is bring in a dish they made that's a recipe they have never tried before. We had broccoli and cheese (which I found out after eating most of the serving I got was made with cream of mushroom soup- which makes my tummy not so pleasant), chicken salad- 2 types, with red pepper and with green apples, cream cheese with topping that went on pumpernickel bread, pita chips, some type of grape salad looking dish, and strawberry shortcake (made with a pie crust shortbread that you put strawberries and whipped cream (fat free whipped cream)). It was good. =) Finally got my room picked up a little. I haven't put away all my clothes because I'm moving to lodge this coming Sunday and will have to pack everything up. I did get all my clothes into folded piles- separated by clothing type (tanks, short-sleeved casual shirts, long-sleeved casual shirts, non-casual clothing, and winter clothing). Yes I know it's May; I also know that the low here last night was in the 30's. Brrr. Funny thing here is that it doesn't have to be cold to get snow....weird. Apparently they get snow sometimes and it's like 50 degrees out. Strange. Anyway, looking into getting a humidifier, b/c my nasal passages are so dry! In fact, my nose is so dry that every time I blow it, it bleeds to some degree. Now, don't worry, not bleed bleed. What I mean is that the gunk that comes out is bloody, or partially bloody, and sometimes it actually bleeds. My nose feels like it has scabbed over 'boo-boos' instead of mucous membranes. Add on to that I am congested constantly. I thought my sinuses would like it our here- NO pollen, no high humidity, no allergens. Wrong! Too dry, too dusty, and different allergens instead. I think I may have a sinus infection today. I get them alot. Had a sinus headache most of the day. It wasn't too painful, mostly just annoying. =P Well, I'm gonna run. Gonna review some material, and prepare for my day tomorrow. I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment