Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 2

Hey all! So my second day of travel is coming to an end. The hotel last night was great! I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Longview. My room had a king bed, jacuzzi tub, mini-fridge, and microwave. The bed's comforter was down-like. It was marvelous....sleeping on a cloud. Though that might have just been due to the fact that I was sooo tired! =) Anyway, traveled from Longview to Amarillo today. I'm at my hotel now. It's very pretty. It has an indoor pool and hot tub, plus on-site laundry. The drive was long, but not too bad. The last stretch was the hardest.....flat, green, flat, and more flat. Though as I neared Amarillo, there was more mesas and plateaus and the such. It was very beautiful! I met up with a friend of mine from 6th grade for lunch in Roanoke, Texas (Dallas/Ft. Worth area). We ate at Chili's. I had miniburgers with fries and mashed potatoes plus a diet cherry coke. It was yummy. I've drank a bit of soda on this journey, but I've concluded that staying alert while driving was more important that the amt of caffeine I've intaken today. =) Hehe. Anyway, I saw 8 trains today but 2 were actually moving...weird. What was cool, was that two of them had coal cars: cars that carry coal (and they actually had coal in them) plus one had what looked like a coal-powered car. It was smoking along. It was neat. I've seen quite a few license plates since my journey started. For those of you who don't know my travel tradition, any time I travel I watch license plates to see if I can get all 50 states. I've gotten pretty close too. I think the greatest number I've seen is 47! And no, the last three didn't include both Alaska and Hawaii. I saw an Alaskan plate on the journey. =) Well, I'm off to bed. I'm bushed! Night!!

1 comment:

  1. i really like the license plate game too! I play it with my family on the way to florida each year :) glad to see your trip is going well.

    ReplyDelete